September 9, 2011

28.





28 today and still fashioning a face that doesn't look a day over 21 (thanks nan.) It's going to be a good year, I can feel it. I have those 'future plans' bubbling away, inspiring me daily and empowering me to create the life I want to live (ps. i'm not really a life coach) It always sound so easy, this make your life how you want it kinda thing, but things do get in the way, circumstances change and sometimes it doesn't work out how you planned. That's ok though, makes for some interesting stories to tell the grandkids. I am surrounded by incredible people everyday, of all different ages, with kids, no kids, no mums, no dads, 3 dogs, 2 cats and they are living the life that fits them best. I've been working away on what fits me best lately, and although some details are a little shaky...I do have some fantastic plans that I'm sure will take me in new directions that I've never dreamt of. That makes this 28th year seem very exciting. I have plans of leaving my beautiful house early next year, leaving my gallery job that i've treasured for 3 years, spending some time in europe with my nearest and dearest (this includes rendevous' in paris and vintage wallpaper buying in copenhagen) and then back to australia, most likely victoria. Brisbane has played the most beautiful host for the last few years but this tropical humidity just won't do. After living in the UK for 10 years, i know what a miserable winter feels like and having been brought up in Perth, WA...i know the melting power of 40 deg heat. only time will tell if i'm meant to be a melbourne girl. want to hear 28 things i plan to do this year? then take a peek below, nothing too spectacular but lovely nonetheless. (in no particular order or importance...as you can see from #1)



1. make cranberry & pistachio nougat for christmas presents (it's the new white christmas folks)

2. get my blog revamped by a professional (it's in the process!)

3. spend a long weekend in daylesford

4. have a solo art show (round 3)

5. visit laduree and sample every flavour of macaron when i'm in paris (because a girl can never have too many macarons and it's tax deductable, right?)

6. take a trip to retro villa in copenhagen and find the perfect roll of wallpaper for my future shop (plus many 1 metre samples)

7. wander the flea markets of paris

8. ride a bike around amsterdam (preferably with a basket full of flowers)

9. drink tea and share stories with my nanny kit (it's been far too long)

10. live in the same country as my m&d again (because life without mum cuddles and dad chats is just crap)

11. adopt a puppy (if i find myself a lovely little home that will accomodate him of course)

12. meet a generous/kind/delicious man (because a girl can never have too many of those either)

13. produce a series of lino cuts (currently in draft stages)

14. volunteer at a local oppy (why haven't i done this already?)

15. sample cupcakes from the hummingbird bakery in london (no explanation needed)

16. produce a small product line for baby nurseries (not my own)

17. own another naughty shorts dress (but what fabric to choose?)

18. leave brisbane for brighter horizons ( i love you bne)

19. continue riding my bike (best purchase of 2010)

20. ummmm, save some money to do all of these things

21. bake every type of whoopie pie in my whoopie pie book (a girl needs a challenge)

22. holiday in hawaii (wow, well look at that)

23. make some things out of my 'handmade weddings' book (it's an incredible creative resource)

24. go to the dentist (don't ask)

25. get my hair styled so i can wear it out more often.

26. buy a new camera (one that doesn't need masking tape to hold it together)

27. use some of the larger canvases that i've collected

28. stay healthy and happy....one cupcake at time.





19 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday my dear! Thank you for being a beautiful friend and a constant source of inspiration. I hope you have the most wonderful day. Your list is just perfect, what an amazing adventure you are on!
Sophie x

Raine and Sage said...

Happy Birthday! It was great to learn more about you and all your wishes you have. It's a great idea to make a list and I must say everything on your list is exciting and worthwhile. I look forward to some Whoopee pie pictures soon! :) x

Zara said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday my dear. May all your plans for the coming year come to fruition. x

Katie Mitchell Photography said...

Sounds like a beautiful plan Lau. I'll help you as much as I can! You're amazing and very inspiring. Love you! Xx

Louise said...

Happy birthday blogging girl..I love your list...xoxo

Peta said...

sounds like a fabulous 28th year! Happy birthday xxx

(your wall hanging will be on its way soon!)

melynda said...

happy birthday lovely lady! excited for your new adventures! ps. september babies are the best :)

Kylie said...

Happy Birthday Laura x
(psst we share more than just a childhood spent in Perth...it's mine too! Wish I was turning 28 instead of 46 though!)
Have the loveliest of days kiddo x

Vic Bibby said...

Happy Birthday! I love your list, it's great to have goals, and what fab things you have to look forward to. Have an awesome w/end. Vic xxx

humble habit said...

Well Hey there girl we share a birthday. Gee I remember being 28, no kids working and taking my first ever trip overseas. Today I am facing the big 40.I went to bed with this creeping depressive state of sadness. I am ok today, surrounded by my beautiful children, whilst Aaron is at work.Have a great day your list of 28sounds incredible, I hope you do it allxx

Christine Blain said...

Ah, this post just makes my heart sing!! I love that you are grabbing 'life' and your plans with both hands, and are ready to embrace whatever comes your way. It WILL be a great year for you xx

KH said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a super special day for you...although WET! It's bucketing down right now.

moose and bird said...

Happy birthday lovely lady! I hope there was a cupcake (or two!) involved in your birthday celebrations. I will be 28 in March next year and I hope I have as many exciting things happening in my life as you do in yours. You are an inspiration xoxo

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Happy birthday! I thought you were only about 24! I love your list I hope you complete it!

E :)

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Hope you had a fantastic day!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)
ps your list looks great

Elisha said...

How inspiring, now I want to make a list, just so I can remember all of the things I want to do...

Jayne said...

Hope you had a fantastic birthday :) Your blog totally doesn't need a professional revamp- it's gorgeous already! Most of the things on your list are on my to-do list too (especially 12, 24, and 28!)

one denim bird said...

I know this is belated but happy birthday for back then! I love your 28 things to do, what a great idea to jot those down every birthday.

I just had to say I did #5 and #7 in July/Aug last year! It sure is a must, the macaroons are out of this world, but then so is Paris. And make sure you dedicate a number of days for that market, it will blow your mind, and you need time to explore properly.

Go girl!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! I feel bad that I missed this post until now, but better late than never, right?

What a fantastic to do list! It's great to have goals and dreams, that way there's always something to look forward to :)

I can't believe you're 28! Great genes. I get the same, I turned 32 last month (eek!) but still get mistaken for much younger, sometimes even a teenager which is weird (when those thinking you are a teenager are teenage boys having a crack!)
Hope you had the best day ever for your birthday, and I look forward to seeing some of your goals being achieved and shown to everyone on here!
Rach x